Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

Intro

I never documented the build-up of my previous car, a 2004 VW Golf R32. After 4 years and $10k invested, I only have my own failing memory to look back on and see each step of the process. Despite my new-to-me 2005 VW Touareg V8 having a much shorter list of potential modifications, I decided to document each and every touch I add to it. Interior, exterior, engine, electrical and mechanical, I will photograph, review and comment on each, hopefully helping another Touareg owner in their own build at some point.

Touareg Specs:
Color: Campanella White w/Kristal Grey Interior
Model Year: 2005
Engine type: 4.2
Power/ Torque: 310 bhp /302 lb-ft
Transmission: 6-speed Tiptronic© automatic transmission w/low range
Drivetrain: 4Motion full-time all-wheel drive
Mileage: 68,000mi
Original MSRP: $56,100
Options: Too many to list from memory, so I'll upload a scan of the window sticker. ;)

Some light reading on the Touareg
"Touareg - Complete Specs (USA)". VW.com.
"VW Releases Details On 350Hp Touareg R50 - Carscoop". Carscoop.blogspot.com.
"Volkswagen Touareg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia" Wikipedia.com


A potential activity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment